Use the AUDIO CART as a location work surface.
Configure the RECORDER
- Insert new BATTERIES. FORMAT media memory. Set DATE.
- DUAL REC MODE
- 48kHz SAMPLING RATE
- BIT DEPTH of 24.
- PHANTOM POWER off.
Before the first take:
- Discuss COSTUMING concerns with the Production Designer.
- Connect Body MIC → TRANSMITTER → RECEIVER → RECORDER → HEADPHONES.
- Use a MOLESKIN SANDWICH to position the mic on the sternum roughly 8″ from the performer’s mouth. Consult this video for other lav hiding techniques
- Use BODY CONTOURS and CLOTHING conceal microphones and wire. Check lighting angle for tell-tale ridges under clothing.
- Match transmitter and receiver FREQUENCIES.
- Secure the TRANSMITTER pack in the small of the performer’s back.
- Rehearse with actors. Set average LEVELS to -12dB FS. Levels can be set on the transmitter pack as well as the recorder.
- Record one minute of ROOM TONE.
After the shoot:
- BACKUP files to laptop.
- Surrender media for SERVER transfer.